The Wonderful Sail 2 INDONESIA Rally Registration
Registration for the 2024 Wonderful Sail 2 indonesia Rally is now open. Those that have already filled out an EOI will have received their Wonderful Sail 2 Indonesia Rally Information PDF. For those that would like to join the 2024 event please fill out an EOI by clicking the link below.
To lodge an Expression of Interest (EOI) in the rally click HERE
The Wonderful Sail 2 Indonesia Rally is a Destination Rally and ends at Tual, Kei Islands
Once you have cleared into Indonesia you are invited to join the Ministry of Tourism Schedule of Events through Indonesia where you can either:
- Cruise in Company to all the Mot Scheduled Events. The Whole Nine yards!
- Go your own way and explore on your own time table!
- A combination of the two to best suit you!
About the Rally.
During the months leading up to the start of the Rally, registered participants will be provided, via the Wonderful Sail 2 Indonesia Rally App, a wide range of information regarding preparations of your vessel, crew, and arrangements for your forthcoming blue water voyage to Indonesia. You will also be invited to participate in Webinars and Q & A sessions.
For those who are first time offshore cruisers we will be running a special Limited Preparation Course. More information will available at Registration.
The Wonderful Sail 2 Indonesia Rally App is full of information necessary for the smooth running of the event as well as info that some of the more experienced skippers may have already seen but many of the first timer’s may not have. We ask all participants to review this information with care.
The rally is open to all vessels, power or sail, monohull or multihull from 9m to 25m departing from the Southwest Pacific, Australia or PNG.
All vessels participating in the rally are required to meet the safety protocols noted in the “Terms and Conditions” Rally terms and conditions can be viewed at: www.sail2indonesia.com/rally-terms-conditions
Cruise the Queensland Coast and clear from Thursday Island (TI) in the Torres Strait.
Many insurance companies are stipulating that cruising yachts are to be below 26° degrees south during the Queensland cyclone season (November 1st to the April 30th)
Assuming a departure date of May 1st (being the official end of cyclone season) from say Bundaberg with the view to arrive at the Rally Departure point being Thursday Island (TI) in the Torres Strait you will cover just over 1000 nm.
For those Western Australia based participants or those planning to Cruise the west Australian Coastline, Darwin would be your Port of Departure
Clear out from any SW Pacific port and sail straight to your choice of entry point in Indonesia
For those who are not traveling into Indonesia from Australia option 2 provides the opportunity to clear out from any SW Pacific port such as Noumea, New Caledonia or Luganville, Vanuatu and head straight to your entry port in Indonesia or maybe even visit Papua New Guinea on the way and Depart from the Royal Papua Yacht Club in Port Moresby.
Rally departure dates will be confirmed in December 2023 when Registrations will open for 2024. Traditionally the Arrival dates at Debut have been around the 20th July.
It is skipper’s responsibility to plan their passage to arrive at their port of entry into Indonesia within the clearance time frame.
The main arrival port into Indonesia is at Debut in the Kai Islands. Once inward clearance has been completed you can choose how you wish to cruise Indonesia.
MoT Schedule of Events Through Indonesia
As a Wonderful Sail 2 Indonesia Rally Participant your are automatically invited to take part in the Ministry of Tourism’s Schedule of Events through Indonesia. This are a separate event and outside the control of the Wonderful Sail 2 Indonesia Rally. Each location organises their own event, creating very unique experiences and is co-ordinated by our agent Raymond Lesmana.
Cruise in Company
The Full, all singing, all dancing, fixed Itinerary, lots of festivals, great fun cruise in company.
Debut is the start of the MoT Schedule of events through Indonesia. Our Indonesian partners will meet and greet you in the Kai islands – Malacca Regency for the start of what will be a three and a half month experience of a lifetime. This festival program is run and administered by the Indonesian MoT Festival team and is an extension too, but independent from the Wonderful Sail 2 Indonesia Rally.
Go your own way
A free, independent cruise. We can assist with some route suggestions with some of the top spots noted. The itinerary is up to you once clearance has been completed in Debut in the Kai Islands. But remember Indonesia has over 17,000 islands, more than can be seen in just one season.
As a rally participant you are invited to participate in any of the MoT Schedule of Events through Indonesia. Pick and choose which events appeal to you and explore on your own time frame. You can even rejoin the MoT’s Festival Events again the following year.
Wonderful Sail 2 Indonesia Rally App
The Wonderful Sail 2 Indonesia Rally App is a web-based App which contains all information relating to the Rally from the build up, departure from Australia, arrival in Indonesia, Information relating to cruising through Indonesia and details regarding the Events Schedule through Indonesia.
Rally Entry Fee & Benefits:
Rally fees for 2024 have now been set US$950.00 ( US$795 for C&OC Intl Members)
The rally entry fee includes:
- Advice, individual & group support before, during and after the rally by Wonderful Sail 2 Indonesia Rally organisers.
- Access to the Wonderful Sail 2 Indonesia Rally App for all Rally related information
- Documentation required to obtain outward clearance from Australian Border Force for those departing Australia.
- Administration of all entry applications, Sponsor letters, and arrival documentation into Indonesia.
- Assistance with Visa Applications, all documentation will be provided by Rally Admin
- Full Service inward clearance on arrival in Indonesia at a rally specific location, during specified dates for each vessel and 4 crew.
- Indonesia Agents fees
- Webinars, Q & A sessions, and and opportunities to take part in courses to prepare both the boat & crew.
- Sail 2 Indonesia Rally Battle Flag 2x.
- Rally Briefcase/ Satchel for all your paperwork.
- Welcome festivities at Debut
- Passage planning advise.
- The opportunity to voyage and cruise in company with other vessels.
- PredictWind fleet tracker allowing tracking of your vessel and the rally fleet for you, your friends & your family. The tracker is also a great tool while on passage. Link PredictWind offshore app to an Iridium Go and get tracking overlaid on the weather as an option to also upload/download text posts.
- Discount on Weather Routing to and through Indonesia
- Meet and Greets before departure
- WhatsApp group access for information sharing
- Special Offshore Cruising Preparation Course for First Time Offshore Cruisers
- All Participants are eligible for Special Deals from respected industry providers.
Participants will also be eligible for Rally Rewards!
Sail 2 Indonesia Rally participants are eligible to take advantage of the many great benefits and offers from the “C&OC” partner businesses.
- Discounts on Marina fees
- Discount on any Rainman Watermakers system.
- 20% rebate on an upgrade to Standard or Professional PredictWind 1 year Subscription
- 20% Discount on Cruising Guide To Indonesia.
- Great deals on all your Courtesy Flag requirements.
- Competitive pricing on Blue water vessel Insurance.
- Competitive pricing on travel insurance, specifically tailored for owners and crews on cruising yachts.
- Discounted rates on Great Circle Liferafts and Safety gear.
- Discount on Offshore Cruising Academy Cruising Preparation Masterclass
- Discount on Ocean Tactics Weather & Routing Service
IMPORTANT – INFORMATION FOR AUSTRALIAN VESSELS ENTERING THE RALLY
In order to cruise offshore and visit Indonesia or any other country for that matter your vessel must be AUSTRALIAN FEDERAL REGISTERED.
Australian Registration is different to your state registration.
If your vessel is not Australian registered, Australian Border Force will not grant you a clearance to depart Australia. Without this clearance your vessel will not be permitted to enter a foreign country.
The process of getting your vessel registered on the Australian register of ships can take several weeks to complete, so we suggest that if your vessel is not yet Australian registered that you begin the process immediately.
For more info about Australian Registration for your vessel and how to apply please see the attached copy of the info provided on the AMSA website or visit:
Many of those who are interested in joining the Wonderful Sail 2 Indonesia Rally maybe a bit nervous as for some, it will be their first blue water voyage.
C&OC in association with Sail South Pacific will be offering their intensive Offshore Cruising Preparation Masterclass, which is designed to provide participants that are new to cruising the skills and the confidence to help make your first offshore passage and your cruise through Indonesia a less daunting prospect.
Ways to keep informed between now and when the rally opens for registrations:
- Facebook Page
If you are a Facebook user, we have a FB Page called Sail2Indonesia where we post all sorts of info with a focus on posts related to sailing in SE Asia and Indonesia. To visit and like our page go to: www.facebook.com/sail2indonesia
- Facebook Group
The Wonderful Sail 2 Indonesia Rally Group is for participants and anyone who is interested in joining the rally to Indonesia. We regularly post articles and videos that we think will be of interest to the group members. Members can also post comments, questions, suggestions or just share posts and updates about their cruising plans. If you would like to join the group click on the following link:
You might like to watch the video The Alpha Odyssey made about the 2017 Sail 2 Indonesia – 90 Days In Wonderful Indonesia.
To lodge an Expression of Interest (EOI) in the rally click HERE
For questions or queries please email email@example.com